This was a collaborative project that focused on designing and developing a digital collection repository. I designed and built the repository website, including making incremental changes to design and functionality to enhance the user experience. The repository was used with Masters-level digital library students and taught them methods of adding collections with appropriate metadata and evaluation.
Digital Collections Website
Role: IMLS Research Fellow & Implementer
Project Goal: Using Drupal, design and develop a digital collection system that helps to create a community around digital collections.
Project Dates: 2009 – 2010
Responsibility: research user needs and an open-source platform that provide flexibility for online community building, design a website that is easy to use and create community, develop registration, content submission, editing, and management, and develop a recommender system.
Deliverable: Drupal Website
The iSchool PhD Portal was developed and implemented during my first year as an IMLS Fellow. It builds on earlier research to provide iSchool PhD students with an online space to communicate throughout the PhD process.
Project Goal: Design and build a portal website (http://ischoolphd.org/index.php) for Drexel iSchool PhD students based on prior IMLS Fellows requirements user research.
Project Dates: 2008 – 2009
Role: Researcher & Implementer (IMLS Fellow)
Responsibility: research content management and website platforms that would support collaboration, community and research, and can be implemented with limited resources and budget; develop content and information architecture strategy; design and implement website on identified platform, including any additional features necessary to meet project goals.
Distance Learning Web Producer/Technical Lead | 2004 – 2005| Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
- Produced online educational websites throughout the product lifecycle
- Developed workflows, project plans, and quality assurance (QA) guidelines for production
- Assisted ASP developers in enhancing the product delivery platform through the use of metadata development and helped with debugging systems and platforms
- Managed weekly product pushes to 2 staging and 3 web servers to launch and update live products
- Worked with team to develop a new Flash user interface for instructional content
- Ensured integrity of content team’s product request through regular meetings and analysis
- Assisted in the creation of VBA macro to convert word documents into XML compliant documents
- Wrote technical documentation and user guide for Jasper platform, XML authoring, and content entry
HTML Developer |1999 – 2004| Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
- Built online educational websites and was lead coder/developer on projects
- Responsible for SGML & HTML, graphic creation, product functionality, and design implementation
- Installed and tested document type definitions (DTD); convert schemas to DTDs
- Negotiated with Real Networks to develop Real 10 for MAC OS X to better support products
- Recorded, edited and developed audio/video online courses
- Formatted content and work with vendors for Palm PDA instruction
- Wrote technical documentation and narrative specification for quiz and instructional websites
- Trained online coders/developers, content teams, and freelancers
- Performed quality assurance (QA), and stress-test; proofread and edit finished content